Monday, September 6, 2010

Escaping From Salem

written by: Riri

The past few blogs have been only from Li. She has had some frustrating days and some very liberating ones. This time it is time to be all about me.

I am moving forward. I am no longer living in my version of Salem. I have found my way west so to speak. That doesn't mean I am any further out of my closet. I have a whole new set of things weighing me down. BUT I am much closer to being ready to jump out for myself.

I now go to school again. Its a very liberal abet "Christian" school. That seems odd doesn't it? I like what the school stands for. It may have been founded as a Presbyterian women's college but that doesn't mean that that is who has to go there. Women have to go there obviously, as far as religion goes? Well, they are far more open. I am not required to be anybody there. No one actually cares if you are Christian, Muslim, Jewish, Atheist, or Pagan. I feel extremely liberated there.

Next week is my birthday. And Pagan Pride weekend. Lili and I will be there. We will stand proud at opening ceremony. We will be around others who understand. Others who feel. Who knows? Maybe we can generate some hype for this blog there!! There are many who don't understand what we tell them about who we are. Many who read our blog and laugh. But to us this is everyday life.

I am proud to be myself. I have Escaped from Salem and am moving on. I will have many more things to tell about, more dreams to share. I am stepping out one tiny little step at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment