Monday, May 17, 2010

spectacular

So, I'm going to Aveda to learn esthiology. if you don't know what that means (it's fine, no one does) it means I can wax your vagina, give you a facial, and tell you what is wrong with your skin when I get my license. And I decided from the very beginning, that I would be very, very honest about who and what I am.
So here's what happened. there is this woman in my class that is in her mid 30's, and looks like she's 18. She's gorgeous, funny, sweet as pie, and she loves Jesus.
To each his own, right? RIGHT. I love Jesus, I think his philosophies, and preachings, are BEAUTIFUL. And I believe every person should live with those principals.
It's his followers I have a problem with. The judging, the lip-snarling, ugh, I can't fucking take it.
I am always getting invited to church, which I appreciate, but really? I expected more tolerance when choosing a school in Chapel Hill, which is a REALLY liberal city.
And I get comments about worshipping the Devil.
And the worst? a guest the other day asked if another student could work on her after she noticed my Pentacle necklace the other day.
"Is that the devil symbol?" She asked.
"This? Oh, no, I'm a Wiccan. They represent the 4 elements and the The Spirit." I said, smiling. she looked like I just told her I was going to disembowl her with a shrimp fork.
"Can I get another student to work on me? I really just don't feel comfortable anymore."
How terrible is it that I have to go to the ladies room and cry?

No comments:

Post a Comment